This low-interest loan supports Albanian small and medium-sized enterprises in order to develop them and will be used to finance SME projects, for investments, business expansions or technology improvements.
The SME Loan provides for the provision of a more favourable interest rate and repayment period compared to those in the market for SMEs that want to purchase goods and services made in Italy.
Who can apply?
All entities: natural or legal persons, that own or represent micro, small and medium (SMEs) enterprises and that currently operate an entrepreneurial activity or that would like to start-up an activity in Albania.
| Eligibility criteria
• The company is registered in Albania;
• Not less than 51% of the company's capital is under the ownership of an Albanian citizen;
• The annual turnover is lower than 10 million Euro;
• The number of employees is lower than 250.
| Loan criteria for SMEs
The scope of the loan:
• At least 70% of loan funds should be used to purchase equipment, machineries, technologies, technical assistance, industrial licenses, maintenance, spare parts and raw materials made in Italy;
• Maximum 10% of the loan funds can be used to purchase raw materials relevant to the principal investment;
• Maximum 30% of the loan funds can be used to cover local costs or from other neighbouring developing countries.
| Loan criteria for small projects
• From 15,000 Euro to 50,000 Euro.
• Newly established micro, small and medium enterprises (Start-up) or existing ones.
The scope of the loan:
• At least 40% of the loan funds should be used to purchase equipment, machineries, technologies, technical assistance,
industrial licenses, maintenance, spare parts and raw materials made in Italy;
• Maximum 60% of the loan funds can be used to cover local costs or from other neighbouring developing countries.
| What cannot be financed?
• Local taxes, custom duties, VAT;
• Investments in the free time and entertainment sector (gambling, bars and restaurants), real estate, arms, drugs and alcoholics,
tobacco and by-products, production of products forbidden by the European Union countries for import and export as per the
|Which are the loan criteria?
• From 3 to 8 years.
• From 1 to 2 years (only the interest rate shall be paid during this period)
Interest rate applied:
• A maximum of 3% annual interest for loans in Euro;
• A maximum of 4% annual interest for loans in ALL;
| Which SMEs, Projects and Sectors are a priority to the Programme?
Priority micro, small and medium (SME) enterprises:
• Information and Communication Technology enterprises;
• Enterprises owned (at least 51%) or administered by women entrepreneurs;
• Manufacturing enterprises;
• Exporting enterprises (exporting at least 50% of the total sales);
• Newly established enterprises by Albanian immigrants residing in Italy.
• Enterprises falling in industrial areas/parks;
• Investment projects in Information and Communication Technology;
• Projects in agriculture and agri-food sector;
• Projects that conduct clean production with a low impact on the environment;
• Projects that generate new jobs;
• Projects for the generation of energy from renewable resources;
• Projects that promote energy efficiency conservation;
• Projects located in less developed areas of the country (outside Tirana-Durres area)
| What are the benefits of priority projects?
A project deemed as a priority shall benefit:
• 2 years of grace period, (only interest shall be paid); deferral principal;
• A guarantee from the Guarantee Fund that will cover up to 60% of the required loan amount.